Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting Away

I'm always up for a weekend by the sea and this past weekend was no exception.  As I didn't have the car I decided to get the train.  Did it take the strain? Oh No!  It added to it, as I waited for over an hour at Clapham Junction for South West Trains to sort out a signalling problem.  Then the train was freezing cold as they had the air con on full blast - fridge mode!  Anyway, although it was an inauspicious start, my mood improved once I got on the foot ferry to Cowes and we began to skim over the waves.  The sun was high, the sky blue, yachts dipping and swaying through our wash.  I stayed here and it was as welcoming as I remembered it.  I slept and read and watched the boats.  Then I ate and drank (too much!) and poured myself into bed, falling asleep to the sound of the waves on the shoreline only a few feet away.  Bliss.On Sunday we walked a deserted stretch of beach on the West of the Island;  it felt quite desolate, the Atlantic waves were strong and brutal, crashing down on the shingle beach. So, here are some pics for those of you that didn't make it to the seaside this weekend - dream away...












2 comments:

  1. Your image of the sea foam on the peddles is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous, I wish I could just go here for a weekend! Lucky!!! xxLxx

    ReplyDelete