Sunday, October 09, 2011

Wonderful Weekends

 


This week has gone so quickly...I've been manically busy at work and been to Brighton for a conference which was inspiring as well as challenging.  I got to Friday night and felt exhausted and very ready to recharge my batteries.  I've been redesigning the 'spare'/Tom's/study room and it's gone from being a space that most mother's of teenagers dread to enter, to a calm and zen-like arena and the hunt was on for a desk that would fit in without changing the ambiance. Dwell came up with the goods, so Saturday saw me trying to get rather a large (but beautiful) desk into the back of a Fiesta!  I also came home with an additional present for the room - see photos below.  Today we've been visiting friends in leafy Surrey and had a wonderful woodland walk in glorious sunshine with the added treat of  late ripening blackberries lurking in the hedgerows which we later ate in a crumble. Lunch was a roast with all the trimmings, wine and much banter and it tasted all the more delicious because I didn't cook it!
Free standing Buddha

Glossy new desk

Vintage biscuit tins for storing jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment