Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Glimpses of the weekend

Spotted this gate on a walk - covered in webs
The weeks are whizzing by; Christmas comes ever closer and our weekends for the next month seem to be fully booked.  This is all nice of course, but I also like to have some 'down-time' where nothing is planned and I can do what I feel like at the time (a real luxury!).  Even when I'm busy with nice things sometimes it becomes something I have to do rather than something I want to do, just because it's been in the diary for weeks and weeks.  I then start to feel resentful which totally defeats the purpose!  I'm thinking of setting aside some chunks of the remaining weekends that instead of being 'free' will become 'unavailable' just so that I have some built in quiet time.  Hopefully that means that by the time I get to Christmas celebrations I'll have a bit of energy left to enjoy them instead of doing a "bah humbug" impersonation and being the person wilting on the sidelines of every party, wondering how long I have to stay before I can make my excuses without being rude!  Does anyone else ever feel like that?  What do you do to stay on top of things in the mad run up to Christmas?  All tips gratefully received!

Beautiful colours

Beautiful bottles by Tocca

More reminders of Christmas approaching

Produce at the local Farmers Market

My favourite Coral nail polish from Revlon

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I always land up on Christmas Day tired and grumpy and overdosed on alcohol and rich food. My solution - radical I know - was just to say NO to those events I really didn't want to go to. I kept those that I enjoyed and paced myself that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the pressure for everyone to have a wonderful time,keep the parties but limit the alcohol. You sleep better and the alarm clock for work & kids wanting lifts at the weekend is do-able, or convert to Islam?

    ReplyDelete