Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas decs

I promised a post about my dried oranges...I make them pretty much every year - it's become one of our treasured family traditions.  I love the smell of the oranges as they dry, it makes the house smell amazing and the sight of the tree garlanded with oranges is magical.  So here's how you do it:

Step 1: Oranges!

Step 2: Slice quite thinly so they dry out more quickly

Step 3: Lay on baking tray and blot excess juice.  Then place in oven on lowest
 setting for 3 hours before removing to dry on top of radiators to really dry out.


Step 4: Thread with pretty ribbon and decorate your tree
(I used plain red and green/red gingham this year)
 Whilst I was making these I couldn't help pinching a few oranges to make myself some freshly squeezed orange juice - great boost of vitamin C and tasted delicious...


Our tree after the girls had decorated it

No comments:

Post a Comment