Saturday, January 07, 2012

The Bigger Picture

One of my resolutions was to try a whole lot harder to incorporate some meditation into my days - I know I cope better with what life throws at me when I do this; I'm calmer, not so likely to worry about the small things and I definitely sleep better as a result.  I used to belong to a meditation group that was led by a wonderful Buddhist monk called Lama, but sadly he moved away and our group fragmented and we were left to our own devices; however one of the group sent me this (below) over the Christmas break.  Watching it is a meditation all on its own and using it just as a sound-board would make a great 10 minute meditation.

Another fab site on meditation has been set up by Andy Puddicombe called Get Some Headspace.  Andy is an ex-Buddhist monk so he really knows how it's done.  He sets out to demystify meditation and the assumption that there is always a religious connotation to it.  There are helpful hints and a 45 day course of which the first ten days are free.  Basically you get a guided meditation a day, complete with hints to help you overcome any obstacles, including 'monkey mind'!

The Great Bell Chant (The End of Suffering) from R Smittenaar on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment