Monday, February 06, 2012

Happy Things

Kitten heels made out of paper
Somehow today I managed to hurt my back - again!  I don't know how I did it; I wasn't lifting anything, turning awkwardly or any of the triggers that normally seem to tip the balance, yet by 2pm I was unable to bend, turn and had a constant nagging pain in my lower back and hips.  So, my trip to the gym has had to be postponed and instead I'm home early feeling grumpy and short-changed.  In an attempt to lighten my mood I've been round looking at some of the things that are giving me pleasure, in the hope that they will banish my heavy mood and remind me how lucky I really am.

A glass heart motif plaque and rusty heart bell tag that hangs next to my bed

Translucent shells collected on a beach by my granny

My new White Company candle in Tuberose (smells divine)

Feather 'Shabby Chic' cushion in faded vintage rose fabric and snug woollen throw from Otterburn Mill.  The very same Mill that made the first pram rug for our current Queen Elizabeth when she was born

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your bad back could this be due to the extra weight of the weekend in Bicester shopping? K

    ReplyDelete