Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Seaside Interiors

So here I am by the sea and it seemed rude not to do a post on seaside interiors...Taschen do a wonderful book called

 that is full of inspiration from all over the globe.  I personally love the Scandinavian approach to seaside decor; it's simple but elegant; comfortable yet stylish.  The thing about it is that it's not just about the soft furnishings but more about buying into a lifestyle.  Seaside decor when it's done right, reminds you that you're here to relax, to unwind, to talk, lounge, swim, eat and live in the moment.  Here are some photos for your inspiration.




You can make one of these very easily by just threading shells onto rough brown string

I was given this bag - it's just the right size for a book, water and swimmers


Here in Norfolk there are numerous seaside interior shops to choose from, but these are some of my favourites - I hope you enjoy browsing - here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment