Monday, May 07, 2012

The Big Breakfast

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  We've all read the articles, the research that says you're more likely to be overweight if you skip it.  Well, that's all well and good, but if you're anything like me you're up and want to be out of the house fairly promptly; there's not a lot of time for relaxing over tea and spending precious minutes cooking something up. This means that breakfast for many people is grain/wheat heavy with cereal or toast and also usually means you're starving by ten o-clock.  When I started eating low-carb/wheat I hummed and haad about what to eat. Protein was the thing I wanted in order to keep me going until lunch without snacking, so what to eat?  Here's a sample of last week's breakfasts..
Poached egg with steam asparagus and baby courgette

Traditional bacon and egg

Going continental - cheesy scrambled egg with chives freshly snipped from the garden

More scrambled egg with ham hock
Now, I realise these breakfasts are egg heavy, but I love eggs.  They taste good and they're SO versatile.  However, I would relish some ideas for different protein based breakfasts.  What do you eat for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment