Thursday, June 28, 2012

15 minute DIY projects

Every so often I get the urge to 'make' something; it could be a delicious meal that I've spent more time and love preparing than normal, a homemade card for a special occasion or just giftwrapping a present with a bit more creativity.  The thing is, I'm also quite an impatient person and like to see results fast, so longer projects often fall by the wayside.  These DIY projects can be done in 15 minutes or less and look great...have a go and let me know what you think!
It's tennis season around me - Wimbledon is taking place just five minutes away, and the queues are snaking their way around Wimbledon Park; all the public tennis courts are full of Sharapova and Federer wannabes and I can hear the cheers of the crowd from my garden.  This cute little guy made me smile and seemed totally apt to boot.  It's so easy to do: cut a mouth with a sharp blade and add stick-on eyes, or rivets.  To attach to a wall just pierce through the back of the head and stick on a nail OR stick on a magnet and attach to your fridge.
My next project is a mini-succulent garden; I don't know about you but I have too many corks lying around my kitchen and this little makeover will help use them up.
You will need: corks, succulent cuttings, compost, magnet, strong glue.  Take a sharp knife and hollow out an inner section of the cork before filling with some soil.  Place your cutting in the hole and pack a little more soil around the base of the plant.  Glue your magnet to the back and et voila.  You can make several of these and display them as a miniature garden on your fridge.  They look amazing!

Tweet me @sazpaz1 if you get round to making any of these...

Photo sources: Apartment Therapy; Alissa Rose

2 comments:

  1. Such creative ideas - thanks. I've just done a key holder blog today, if only I saw the tennis ball earlier. Hope you are enjoying BYW 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm going to check out your key holder blog now...really enjoying BYW2, sad it's all about to end...

    ReplyDelete