Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Seasonal Interiors

There are some interior books that I come back to over and over;  they're not just books 'of the moment', but contain nuggets of design inspiration that stand the test of time and The Seasonal Home by Kristin Perers one such book.  Just so you know..it's been re-released as A Home for all Seasons by the publishers Ryland Peters & Small.

I don't know about you, but I like to change my home around (much to the despair of those I live with!)on a regular basis and especially at the change of the seasons.  I have lighter curtains for the summer months, and heavier ones with stars for the winter months.  I create open rooms in the summer, but in the winter I use partitions and furniture to create cosier spaces.  This book, then was made for me and I do revisit it often for inspiration.
Split into sections for easy reference

Gorgeous photographs by James Merrell


Ideas for colour palattes


and practical instructions for DIY projects


"If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy a hyacinth, for it will feed
your soul'  Persian poem



and making things
 Which books do you go to for inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment