Monday, July 08, 2013

Champagne Risotto

I love to make a risotto...it's comfort food and stress reliever all rolled into one and this recipe is truly a winner.  I usually like my risotto's to have a couple of ingredients but this works just fine with the champagne and extra parmesan on top.  If you've never made a risotto before, don't be afraid of it...it's actually the one dish I love to cook when I'm feeling stressed out.  The trick is always to use HOT stock and ladle it in bit by bit, not adding more until the liquid has been absorbed.  Stay by the pan and stir, not continuously, but enough to ensure that the rice is moved around and doesn't stick.  Settle your guest(s) by your side, with a glass of champagne of course, and chat whilst you stir. I don't think it gets much better than this...




I would serve this with a really crisp green salad and an Italian dressing.  Mmmmn mnnn....

images: here

No comments:

Post a Comment