Saturday, September 13, 2014

Liebster Blog Award


So hello again!  Long time no posts and for that I really do apologise.  It's been a very hectic time over the last month.  Lots of things going on and not a lot of time to do anything else.  But I'm back... and this time with a more personal post as when I was browsing the web last week I discovered that Lifelola had been nominated for the Liebster blog award. This award is all about supporting the smaller blogs out there and although it seems that there are different variations on what you post these are the things that are common to all:

  • answer 11 questions that have been asked of you
  • post 11 random things about yourself
  • nominate other bloggers and create 11 new questions for these bloggers to answer
So, thank you Doris from Diary of an Interior Novice for nominating me; here are your questions and my answers:

  • What is your favourite day of the week?  Wednesday (broken the back of the week)
  • What is the weather like outside your window? Overcast and grey
  • Who is the most inspiring person in your chosen field? The dedicated teacher
  • What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home and why? My large white feather sofas because they wrap themselves around you like a hug when you sit down (unless my children got there first!)
  • What is the first thing that you do when you get home? Cuddle the cats/children depending on which allows me near them, otherwise have a cup of tea
  • What is your favourite food? Italian
  • What is your favourite colour?  green or pink
  • Do you prefer dresses or jeans? Depends on my mood
  • When do you blog?  Not enough currently, but usually in the evenings
  • What was your favourite subject at school?  English/History
  • What's your favourite TV show?  The Good Wife
Ok, so, 11 random things about me are:

1.  I'll choose savoury over sweet every time
2.  I read cookery books at night in bed like others read a novel
3.  I devour books and when I'm on a roll can get through 4/5 books a week
4.  I hate it when people are late
5.  I go to bed ridiculously early during the week
6.  Swimming is one of my passions, especially in the sea, rivers or lakes
7.  Spiders scare me
8.  I love big snuggly jumpers
9.  My current moto is 'don't look back because you're not going that way'
10.  Patience is not something that comes easily to me!
11.  I prefer to go shopping on my own

Now here are the blogs that I nominate:

htttp/www.jeffreydallan.blogspot.com

http/www.aquietstyle.co.uk

http/www.thebrand-stylist.com

http/www.pippajamesoninteriors.co.uk

and these are my questions for you:

  • If you could live in any city for a year which one would you choose?
  • Wine or beer?
  • If you were a book which genre would you be?
  • What's your most annoying habit?
  • Simple or extravagant?
  • What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
  • Which person has influenced you the most throughout your life?
  • When was your last 'random act of kindness'?
  • What was the last book you read?
  • How and where will you celebrate Christmas this year?
  • What are you cooking for dinner tonight?
Well, that's it.  I hope you've enjoyed reading these random things and hope you take a peek at these other blogs too. 

Happy Weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment